Saturday, March 11, 2006



The retreat I went to last weekend was great. There were over 50 of us there. We get together twice a year at a local state park. We start sewing on Friday afternoon and end on Sunday afternoon. I was absolutely worn out when I came home! It's always fun to see all of the projects and this time was no exception.

I worked on the Random Ohio Stars quilt(pattern on quiltville.com) that I'm making for my 18 yo son. He graduates from high school in May and I'm doing it as a surprise. My plan is to put photo transfers in place of the solid 6" blocks. I've been going through photos all day to make my choices. The Stars are ready...I just need to get my photos done and put it together. (The photos will go where the carpet is showing through.) I made these all out of stash in colors that are close to the high school's colors of maroon and gold.

Another project that I worked on was a 2005 BOM from my favorite quilt shop. (This shop sponsors the retreat) I made the 12 pieced blocks using their fabrics/placements but I added the 6 Rose Of Sharon appliques. Of course, everyone will choose different settings, etc. I put mine on point. I love the way it has turned out. I put a scrappy 9 patch around the outer edge. I'm not sure if I'm going to add a final border or not. Either way ...I love it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

I LOVE your stars !! what a great Idea to fill the "holes"with photo's of your son :c)

2:08 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Looks good. I will keep checking to see the finished project.

4:45 PM  
Blogger tami said...

very nice quilts. great idea with the photo transfers. i can't wait to see the finished product.:c)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

This looks great - I know he's going to love it.

My boys do love their quilts - they always have their *next* one picked out and are usually very patient waiting for me to make it for them.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

Karen--nice to meet you! I'm another Karen and I noticed your blog id was kquilts...heeheehee..my website (not blog) is Kquilts Studio! anyway, welcome to the ring and I love your quilts!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home