Sunday, March 19, 2006

Continued progress

No pictures of the quilt today, but I have made progress on my son's graduation quilt. I spent many hours finding the right pictures to use to go on the quilt. I have every school photo from preschool to present. I'm also going to put several from his senior year.....

I even was able to get signatures of members of his graduating class last week on a piece of fabric. (Not too hard to do as he goes to a small school.)
He missed school Wednesday so I enlisted one of his friends. They were on a bus heading to a college fair and she passed around the piece of fabric I had taped onto a piece of cardboard. She just instructed them to sign their names. No one knew what it was for. I plan to put it on the backing of the quilt.

The last thing I have been doing is working on some of the freestyle letters (Tonya's instructions) to use on the borders of his quilt...I've put his name and "PHS Class of 2006" What fun they were to do!!! I just wish I had made them a little larger...but I think they'll look great.

I'm hoping to get it all pulled together during our spring break (I'm a 4th grade teacher.) It is the last week of March. I'll post a picture as soon as the top's completed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home